Several road closures will be implemented on Saturday March 21, 2009 to allow for a permitted event in the downtown Washington, DC area.
Beginning at 5:00 am, parking restrictions will go into effect on Constitution Avenue from 23rd Street to Virginia Avenue NW prohibiting all parking.
At 10:00 am parking will be prohibited on Parkway Drive north of Lincoln Memorial Circle to Ohio Drive NW.
At 12:00 noon the following road closures will be made:
· Constitution Ave 23rd Street - Virginia. Avenue NW - No traffic east or westbound.
· Parkway Drive at Old Constitution Turnaround (Ohio Drive) NW - No traffic on Parkway Drive
· 23rd Street to Lincoln Memorial Circle NW
· Ohio Drive ramp to Memorial Bridge
· Henry Bacon Drive
· Northbound George Washington Memorial Parkway ramp to Washington Blvd - No traffic up to Memorial Bridge.
· Ramp from Southbound Boundary Channel Drive to Washington Blvd - No traffic to Washington Blvd.
· Southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway ramp to Washington Blvd - No traffic to Washington Blvd (route 27).
It is anticipated that these closures will be lifted at about 4:00 pm on Saturday March 21, 2009.
There likely will be additional road closures in other areas to accommodate this event. Readers are advised to check with Washington, DC Metropolitan Police and Arlington County, Virginia Police for full details of road closures in their jurisdiction.