Several roads will be closed on Sunday May 30, 2010 to accommodate the “Rolling Thunder” event.
At about 11:30 am, the following roads will be closed. They are expected to be reopened at about 3:30 pm.
• Memorial Bridge and Memorial Avenue from Route 110 to Arlington Memorial Circle
• Ohio Drive from Independence Avenue to Virginia Avenue
• Ohio Drive, riverside, from Inlet Bridge to Independence Avenue
• Independence Avenue from 1st Street SW to 23rd Street SW
• Constitution Avenue from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 23rd Street NW
• 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 15th 17th, and 23rd Streets between Independence Avenue and Constitution Avenue and one block north of Constitution Avenue and one block south of Independence Avenue at those streets
• Henry Bacon Drive and Daniel French Drive
There will be United States Park Police Officers in all of these areas to assist motorists and pedestrians.
Visitors to areas affected by these closures, such as the National Mall and the Monuments and Memorials will find public transportation to be the best method to arrive. These visitors should allow some extra time for their trip.