United States Park Police Sergeant Michael Boehm will be laid to rest on Wednesday December 28, 2011.
This funeral will have substantial impact on traffic in the Burke, VA area and roads leading into downtown Washington, DC.
The funeral will take place on Wednesday December 28, 2011 at 10:00 am at:
Church of the Nativity
6400 Nativity Lane
Burke, VA 22015
This church is off Old Keene Mill Road just west of Lee Chapel Road.
Motorist in the area should expect a large presence of law enforcement personnel arriving for the service.
Commuters for the morning rush hour may be affected and should consider work around routes.
It is anticipated that the processional will leave the church at about 11:30 am. For this processional, many roads will be closed.
Closures will be “rolling” when appropriate but travelers are advised to consider alternate routes. Some routes may be closed for substantial durations.
The route is as follows:
• Exit the church making right turn on Old Keene Mill Rd
• Left on Fairfax County Parkway
• Left on ramp to I 395 north HOV
• Left on exit ramp to Washington Blvd/VA Rt 27
• Washington Blvd/VA Rt 27 to Memorial Bridge
• Across Memorial Bridge into Washington, DC at the Lincoln Memorial
• South on 23rd Street on the south side of the Lincoln Memorial
• Left turn eastbound Independence Avenue to Maine Ave
• Maine Ave to East Basin Dr heading towards the Jefferson Memorial
• South on Ohio Dr towards Hains Point
• Right turn west onto Buckeye Dr and past US Park Police Headquarters
• Right turn onto Ohio Dr along Potomac River, across Inlet Bridge, through West Potomac Park heading back towards the Lincoln Memorial
• Left onto Ohio Drive/Rock Creek Parkway behind Lincoln Memorial to make ramp back onto Memorial Bridge returning into Virginia
• Memorial Bridge to south on George Washington Parkway to south VA Rt 27 to I 395 south HOV
• South on I 395 HOV to Fairfax County Parkway
• Left exit onto Fairfax County Parkway making right onto FFX Parkway itself
• Right on Braddock Road
• Left on Burke Station Road
• Right turn into cemetery
The cemetery is:
Fairfax Memorial Park
9900 Braddock Road
Fairfax, VA 22032
The US Park Police anticipates that the procession will take about 1 ½ hours. The beginning time is approximate.
Partnering law enforcement agencies and departments of transportation will assist with the road closures. All roads will be reopened as soon as possible.